Monday, July 02, 2012

Monday Made It & Pintervention

So it's Monday and I can FINALLY share my accomplishments of the week! :) I wanted to do this earlier this morning, but didn't have enough time prior to going into work to finish transferring all of my stuff from my old room into my new one... But now that that's all finished and I'm home, I can share my projects with TWO linky parties! Both of these linky parties go with my projects of the week since I made them and they were all from Pinterest inspirations!:) (Hope that's ok with y'all...)

Tara at 4th Grade Frolics


Photobucket
Ms. Walter at Hoot Hoot Hooray!

Classroom Project #1: Chair Pockets
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!! I FINALLY finished my chair pockets (You know...the ones I've been making off and on for the past few weeks...) Phew...It took some time! Haha! (Especially for someone who has never sewed before!) But I am happy with the final products! I was going to personalize each one, but then I thought that I wouldn't be able to reuse them again next year. So I decided against that original thought and am leaving them as they are. Here are the pics of the final products! :)

Pinterest Inspiration:
Source: Deonna Wade
My Creations:


Classroom Project #2: Revamped Author's Chair

I have a wooden stool that I use in my classroom as the Author's Chair for writing. I was tired of it looking BLAH so when I saw painted wooden stools on Pinterest I had to paint mine. Now...I am NOT an animal print fan, so I decided to take a different route with my chair. I got inspired from yet ANOTHER pin on Pinterest and decided to mesh the two ideas together to produce my very own...one of a kind Author's Chair! My hubby is the artsy fartsy one, so I recruited him on his day off of work to help me with this project and I think it turned out FABULOUS! :)

Pinterest Inspirations:
Maria Teorien
Source: Laurie Cole Designs

The Making of My Creation:
Hubby sanding the BLAH chair...

Spray painting it black!

All taped up...

Painted w/ tape

Final Product w/ glossy coat

Food Project: Corn Dog Muffins
Think what you want, but I love me a good corn dog! Haha! Not the frozen kind, but the kind you get at fairs. Anyways, last week, I saw corn dog muffins floating around Pinterest. Of course I had to try it...and let me tell you...they were sooooooooooo good! I recommend it for those of you who have kids that like this kind of food. It's super easy to make and they would have a blast creating them with you! :)
Pinterest Inspiration:
Monica at Lick the Bowl Good

My Creation:



Upcoming Project of the Week: Teacher Binder Tote
I wrote about this in my Saturday post... I saw it on Pinterest Friday and immediately went out to get the supplies that day! Unfortunately, I did not have time to create it on Saturday, as I was finishing up my chair pockets. But I was able to cut the fabric and pin everything last night, so hopefully I will be able to find sometime tonight to sew it together (crossing fingers).

Pinterest Inspiration

Binder Tote!! I NEED this...
Original Source & Tutorial


This will be my only project for this week as the hubby and I are leaving in the middle of the week to go up north and photograph my cousin's wedding. I can't wait! :) 

So...There you have it...My Pinterest Inspired Made It projects of the week! :) I had a blast and am excited to see what everyone else has done...I know I'll have lots more things to add to my to-do list! 

Ta-Ta for now...






12 comments:

  1. Hi Sara! Thanks so much for linking up:)))) I totally love your chair pockets!!! So cute!!! And that stool.....oh my word! AMAZING:) Love how your combined 2 pins into one idea!! Brilliant! Hope you come back next week to share some more:))

    4th Grade Frolics

    ReplyDelete
  2. That stool turned out awesome!

    Kara
    Spedventures

    ReplyDelete
  3. I made the corn dog muffins not too long ago for one of my What's Cooking Wednesdays! How much did you like them and how easy were they!? Such a quick dinner :]

    Sara
    Miss V's Busy Bees

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your projects! I wish I had brought home my stool from school... can't wait until I get in there in August. =)

    Emily
    I Love My Classroom
    www.ilovemyclassroom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. That stool is AWESOME!!! Thanks for linking up!

    HootHootHooray

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! I love everything about this post! First of all, the stool is amazing & I now really want to make one! I also want to make the binder tote! Can't wait to see how yours turns out! (I hope you share it with us!)

    Ashley
    The Resource Room Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the compliments everyone! I really enjoyed creating these projects!:) And yes, Ashley...I will be sharing the binder tote with y'all next Monday! I finished it yesterday and it is AWESOME! It was so hard not to post about it immediately...but I am making myself wait til Monday. Stay tuned... :)

    ~Sara~

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am totally loving both your chair pockets and stool! I wish I could sew! :) Thanks so much for sharing. I will be back tomorrow to see what else you have been up to!

    Delighted in Second
    Hope you will join my $20 TPT gift certificate giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your stool!!! It's beautiful! And, your chair pockets are the nicest ones I've seen. Way to go!

    Hooty's Homeroom

    ReplyDelete
  10. I saw a link to your stool from Hooty's Homeroom and had to check it out. I cannot draw to save my life and was so excited to see that you used tape and it turned out beautifully. I just started blogging and my "to do list" keeps getting longer! Thank you for the inspiration!!
    ~Holly
    Fourth Grade Flipper

    ReplyDelete