Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Pinterest...You're Like My Own Personal Brand Of Heroin...

(Based on the title of my post, it is clear that my next Linky Party will have to be with Bonnie at Living a Wonderful Life all about OBSESSIONS...I will be joining that party sometime tomorrow)


Okay, so I've decided to start the morning off with Linky Party #2: 




Amber over at Adventures of a Third Grade Teacher is hosting! I only recently joined Pinterest and had no clue what I was missing out on. It is super addicting and I absolutely LOVE it!! :) (Been trying to get my big sis to join...but I don't quite think she believes me on the AMAZING things she could find on it. I will keep trying. Maybe when she sees this post she'll finally find time to join our Pinterest Addicts Club! ;)


Anyways, here are some of the finds that I've found on Pinterest that I would like to create this summer!


UNO : DIY Classroom Chair Pockets
deonnawadechildatheart.blogspot.com 
Since I teach 5/6 grade, there are lots of big textbooks and workbooks that the students cannot fit into their desks. I thought this would be a great extra storage nook in addition to the space inside their desks.


Now, since I haven't ran a sewing machine since the 7th grade, all I have to do is convince the hubby (who does know how to run the machine... ironic, I know...) to help me make these on his day off! Maybe tomorrow?! (Crosses fingers)


DOS: Student Work Display
themorrisonconnect.typepad.com
I saw this and immediately saw the possibilities that this has to show student work in the classroom. It can hold many samples, takes up very little space, and looks coolHopefully I can get this done soon and show off my beautiful craftsmanship!;)




TRES: New Behavior Clip Chart
newmanagement.com
In my last post, I talked about the new chart that I wanted to utilize in my classroom next year. I've seen many variations going around Pinterest and am excited to create my own with the help of my lovely classroom assistant! [who is hard at work this summer creating learning games for my word study centers next year. She is FABULOUS! :)]




QUATRO: Egg/Hamburger 


Pinned via web from

gordonerd.com

This just goes to show how much I love my hubby! There are so many food ideas that he would just salivate over on Pinterest. He would absolutely LOVE this burger! (Me...not so much being that I am the picky eater of the bunch and have never really cared for eggs! My mother can vouch for me...haha) But, I plan on making him one someday when he gets home from long day at work and he will fall in love with me even more! ;) 


CINCO: Deep Dish Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie
pinterest.com/source/mamalovesfood.com/
Now THIS is my kind of food! Desserts...Yummy! :) I will definitely be taking time this summer to create this delectable goodness!

SEIS: Tattoo #2 (Obviously Not a DIY project, but...)
pinterest.com/source/thisisnotareality.wordpress.com
Obviously, this is not a project that I can do myself this summer, but I can start the process of finding a good tattoo artist in the area to get this done! I already have a black/grey tattoo on my right side that I got 2 years ago. It took 3 hours & I absolutely LOVE it! I've been wanting another one for a while, but couldn't find any good ideas that I wanted on my body for the rest of my life...until Pinterest! I really like the look of this tattoo done in white ink. It almost looks like a scar...which I think is cool looking! :)

Well, those are just a few of my pin projects that I can't wait to get started on! Looking forward to seeing everyone else's ideas! :)

~Sara~


P.S.
I will be posting about a fabulous writing project that my students concluded the end of the year with! It was a TON of work, but they loved it and it turned out FANTASTIC! :) Stay tuned for another post later this evening...



2 comments:

  1. Thanks for linking up! Great finds! :)

    That chocolate chip dessert looks to DIE for!

    Adventures of a Third Grade Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you get a chance stop by my blog and check out my “Pintervention” linky party! It is the motivation I needed to complete my mile long pinterest list!! It will also be need to see the finished projects!
    ThirdGradeIsAHoot

    ReplyDelete