Monday, June 11, 2012

Let's Get Started!! (My Very First Blog Entry)

Well...Since this is my first ever blog, I'm not quite sure what to do! Haha! I love looking at other blogs and have wanted to start my own for some time, but never got around to it. Now that it is summer vacation, I decided that this would be the PERFECT time to attempt my first blog.

Ok...So, I guess it would be nice to introduce the author of this blog (Me!) Well, my name is Sara Miller and I am creating this blog mainly to follow my experiences in the deaf ed classroom. I just finished my 4th year of teaching and I am already so pumped to begin my 5th year! I currently teach at the West Tennessee School for the Deaf (a PreK-6 state elementary school). For the past two years, I have taught at the 5/6 grade level. This year, however, I will no longer be teaching 5/6 (as the number of students would be too high). I will get to teach one grade this year and I couldn't be more excited! I hope to share many adventures with y'all here on my blog...

On a more personal note, I have been happily married to a WONDERFUL man for 8 years! We are originally from Ohio, but have relocated to Tennessee. We are huge animal lovers! Throughout our marriage we have had many different species of animals that could create a small zoo...(a skunk, numerous snakes, geckos, and two sugar gliders are some of the more exotic animals that we've had). We currently have 2 dogs (Darla & Hank - who are basically our children), a cat (Bernadette), and 2 snakes (K2 and Perseus). As of now our 'zoo' is a relatively normal one, but you never know what the future holds! ;)



**UPDATE**
I've added a few pics to the post of me, the hubby, and our babies :)

The Hubby & I at the Grand Canyon!
My Sweet Darla Baby

My boy, Hank & I on Christmas :)
Bernadette & Perseus 


Well, I think that is enough ramblings for one evening...I hope to get back on here tomorrow to create my first educational post about what I've been working on this summer to prep for next year.

Here is a sneak peek of what my next post will be about...





3 comments:

  1. Welcome to the blogging world!! You're going to love it :)

    Blessings,

    Jessica Stanford
    Mrs. Stanford's Class
    PS I'm having a linky and would love for you to join!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just found your blog via pinterest today! I also am a dhh teacher with a hearing loss (in MN) and I'm excited to read your blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! Nice to meet a fellow d/hh teacher out there... Hope you enjoy my blog! I look forward to any comments you have on what you read...Once school starts back up, I will have lots more to post!:) Thanks for stopping by...

      ~Sara~

      Delete