Sunday, June 24, 2012

Lazy Sunday Movie Recommendations!

Sunday is the one day a week when I try not to do anything school related. (I try, but don't always succeed...you know how that goes...)

Sunday is the day where the hubby and I just chill out on the couch, cuddle up with our dogs, and watch movies all day! We are movie fanatics... (we have a rather impressive collection of DVDs/Blu-ray's, since we often wait for movies to come out on DVD/Blu-ray due to theaters not having subtitles) and this is how we love to spend our day of rest! Of course, this is not EVERY Sunday, as we go visit friends or travel to Nashville for the day, but for the most part...this is what we do... :)

So for those of you who also enjoy a good movie or two...I have 2 movie recommendations for ya! 
Movie #1: Machine Gun Preacher
 Sam Childers is a former drug-dealing biker tough guy who found God and became a crusader for hundreds of Sudanese children who've been forced to become soldiers.

This movie is based off of a true story and I highly recommend it! It is so good and really brings awareness to what is going on in other countries. I cried in this movie several times...But it has such a good message! (And also...it has Gerard Butler in it...You can't go wrong with that!)

Movie #2: Contraband
To protect his brother-in-law from a drug lord, a former smuggler heads to Panama to score millions of dollars in counterfeit bills.

There are lots of actors in this movie that the hubby and I like (Mark Wahlberg, Ben Foster, Kate Beckinsale, & Giovanni Ribisi), so we figured it couldn't be all that bad. As it turns out, we were right! :) We just watched this earlier today and I have to say that we really enjoyed it! I was so anxious the entire movie...I just knew things were going to go wrong, but just not how...Haha! 

So, check these movies out if you are looking for something to watch. They are both R, due to language and violence, so they aren't kid friendly. However, for the adults, they are good flicks! :)

Ok! Now I'm off to make Sunday dinner! Have a great rest of the weekend y'all! :)

~Sara~ 

No comments:

Post a Comment