Thursday, June 14, 2012

I Have a Confession...These are My Obsessions...

So, I decided to link up with Bonnie over at Living a Wonderful Life today! :) 
We are to admit our OBSESSIONS and they can be personal/professional and as many or as few as we want. Since I am known to ramble...I will try not to make it too long... ;)


GLEE
I absolutely LOVE Glee! I watch the show religiously and always download my favorite songs onto my iPad from iTunes. I rock out to my Glee playlist to and from work everyday! I am a total GLEEK and proud of it! :)



VAMPIRES
Now...I am not obsessed with vampires in general. I don't go seeking out anything and everything that has to do with vampires. No... It just seems that many of my favorite books, TV shows, and movies have vampires in them. (Twilight, Vampire Diaries, True Blood, Sookie Stackhouse Novels, Anita Blake Series, etc.)  I can't help the fact that Edward Cullen, Stefan Salvatore, Eric Northman, and Jean-Claude are such fantastic characters... ;) 


ROMANCE NOVELS & BOOK SERIES
I am a total bookworm! (I have a shirt given to me by by father-in-law that says: So many books...So little time. So true :)) I have always loved reading from the time I was little. Back then my obsession was with mysteries & scary books. (Nancy Drew, Boxcar Children, Goosebumps, etc.) Now, I love to read romance novels. Particularly Historical/Regency Romance & Paranormal/Fantasy Romance Novels. I read Contemporary & YA Romance as well. Along with my obsession with Romance Novels, I'm also obsessed with book series. I have to read book series in order. I cannot start a series in the middle and skip around. MUST be from the BEGINNING! :) I have listed some of my favorite book series and authors below...
The Fever Series by Karen Marie Moning...I need to reread these! :)

  • Slightly series by Mary Balogh (Historical)
  • Mortal Instrument series by Cassandra Clare (YA Science Fiction/Fantasy)
  • Infernal Devices series by Cassandra Clare (YA Science Fiction/Fantasy)
  • Immortals After Dark series by Kresley Cole (Paranormal)
  • Anita Blake: Vampire Hunter series by Laurell K. Hamilton (Fantasy)
  • Meredith Gentry series by Laurell K. Hamilton (Fantasy)
  • Lords of Deliverance series by Larissa Ione (Paranormal)
  • Fallen series by Lauren Kate (YA Fantasy)
  • The Cynster Novels by Stephanie Laurens (Historical)
  • Pennyroyal Green series by Julie Anne Long (Historical)
  • The Fever series by Karen Marie Moning (Urban Fantasy)
  • Celestra series by Addison Moore (Paranormal YA)
  • Bridgerton Family series by Julia Quinn (Historical)
And of course there are many more authors & series that I ADORE, but I couldn't possibly write them all down... 
Here's what I am planning to read next:

Can't wait to see what happens next with Clary & Jace!
I'm sure I have many more obsessions, but I figured my 3 main ones would be enough! :) Hope you enjoyed getting a peek at my OBSESSIONS! What are yours?

7 comments:

  1. hehehe twilight *sigh* I'm a grown adult, snap out of it Jess... lol

    Blessings,

    Jessica Stanford
    Mrs. Stanford's Class
    PS I'm having a linky and would love for you to join!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol! Glad to see another 'grown adult' out there who shares the love :) The hubby is convinced that only teeny boppers like Twilight, no matter how much I try to tell him otherwise. Oh well... I still love me some Edward ;)

      ~Sara~
      Ramblings of a Deaf Ed Teacher's Mind...

      Delete
  2. Team Edward, here too! I'm glad I'm not the only one who takes heat from her husband for that! ;) I'm obsessed with mystery/suspense books, reality TV {guilty pleasure}, and most recently the Song Pop iphone game!! Thanks for stopping by my blog. I'm your newest follower!

    Amanda
    Teaching Maddeness

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sara:

    I just discovered your blog and I've enjoyed reading your posts...
    And I thought you would enjoy reading this one on my blog:

    http://joyin6th.blogspot.com/2012/06/making-difference-another-year-draws-to.html

    I'm glad to be your newest follower.

    Kim
    Finding JOY in 6th Grade

    ReplyDelete
  4. Man I love Glee and Vampires. I was so glad to have True Blood back last week!

    Adventures of a Third Grade Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm pretty sure we are bookworm soulmates! I have the EXACT same interest in book genres and have many of those series on my Kindle, lol. And we both made the paper towel carousels, it's just creepy now ;o) I'm your newest follower and can't wait to see what else you do!

    Sabra
    Teaching with a Touch of Twang

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How crazy is that?! It's so nice to find kindred spirit! :) Glad to find someone out there who shares the love for the same book genres... Thanks for commenting! I also look forward to seeing what you do. :)

      ~Sara~

      Delete