Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Comment-a-holics & Other Blogger Pet Peeves (My First Linky)







Lol...I'm sorry, but since I'm newer to the blogging world, the term linky / linky party cracks me up! Now don't get me wrong...I think they sound like fun and it is a place for great information to be shared. So, here I go with my first ever linky to which I was invited to by the lovely Jessica Stanford


(Hopefully I can get this done right...hmmmm...)


1. I agree with others that the funky word verification / robot identifying tool on the commenting section is always annoying. I understand that it is to prevent spammers, but it can always be added to your blog at a later date if there starts to be a problem. Here is a great tutorial on how to remove the word verification from your blog by Rachelle at What a Teacher Wants.


2. It kills me to read blogs that have incorrect spellings. I'm talking about the basics of spelling (there, their, they're / your, you're, etc). Granted there are times when people are tired and things get mixed up, but repeated mistakes make me cringe! Below are some examples of shirts that I NEED that describe my feelings perfectly... :) 

3. My final pet peeve is when I come across blogs with crazy fonts that I can't read. Fancy lettering/script is super hard to read on a blog. Especially if it is a huge paragraph and small type. So...please, Please, PLEASE...Do not use those crazy, illegible fonts for typing in your blog. :)


Well, I hope that I did my first linky successfully! I look forward to reading what everyone else's peeves are...

Thanks for the invite Jessica! :)

~Sara~





12 comments:

  1. I love those shirts~!!

    Welcome to the bloggy world. :o)

    If you add a follow me button I'll join it. Or if you want to link up, let me know.

    The Paper Maid

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! I'm so new to the blog world that I completely forgot to add those buttons! Thanks for the heads up. I added a few of those buttons so hopefully you can find a way to follow me! :)

      Thanks for the welcome!

      ~Sara~
      Ramblings of a Deaf Ed Teacher's Mind...

      Delete
  2. Looks like I am your first follower :) Can't wait to see everything you have to offer the blogging world :)

    Heidi
    My (Not So) Elementary Life

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwww...Thanks for being my first follower! I have followed you as well :) Can't wait to see how everything works in this blogging world! Haha...I'm slowly but surely getting the hang of it!

      ~Sara~
      Ramblings of a Deaf Ed Teacher's Mind...

      Delete
  3. Awwww, I'm your third follower - I love visiting new blogs/bloggers. Welcome to this world. You'll love it!!!!!

    Holly
    Crisscross Applesauce in First Grade

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I am going to do my best at being a good blogger! :)

      ~Sara~
      Ramblings of a Deaf Ed Teacher's Mind...

      Delete
  4. Thanks for linking up and giving me a new blog to follow!!
    Blessings,

    Jessica Stanford
    Mrs. Stanford's Class

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with you . . . I hate fancy fonts for the content of a blog.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Im your newest follower! I totally agree with you! LOVE, LOVE, LOVE those pretty fonts... but HATE trying to strain my eyes and read them.

    Jessica
    From Blood to Books!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I completely agree with you about pretty fonts and small type. UGH! I just skip it and move on!

    Misty
    Think, Wonder, & Teach

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like those t-shirts - and I get so mad at myself when I make those kind of lame-brain mistakes - I know better, but just get in a hurry.
    Following you,
    Sara

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those t-shirts are great! I have similar pet peeves.. especially those word verification things! I can never read the letters!

    I am a new follower of your blog! :)

    Ashley
    Miss Ashley's Amazing Resource Room

    ReplyDelete